Do you know what the definition of eco friendly is?
Eco-friendly literally means earth-friendly or not harmful to the environment.
As the amount of damage that we inflict upon our planet increases, being eco-friendly needs to go far beyond just turning off lights when you leave the room or separating your garbage for recycling – it is about changing the way that you live and in this case how we run our retreats.
To us it’s super important to be an eco-friendly company & to minimise the effect that we have upon our planet, especially as we depend upon it for our very existence…
So… here is the big question: Did you know that here at ‘the ultimate retreat company’ we work constantly to ensure that we are as eco-friendly as possible…
Here is what we do:
· All of our lovely retreat team live permanently within our Spanish community.
· Our venue employs water & power saving smart technology plus all the water from baths / showers goes directly to the irrigation system that waters the gardens here at the retreat.
· We have our own on site water treatment facility.
· We recycle everything we can at the retreat and in the office.
· We re-purpose items as we replace them, for example gifting the items to local charities & rescue centres.
· We love the benefits of buying our produce locally when in season when quality flavour & nutrient value are at their highest, but also because it supports local farmers & growers.
· When our guests want to take a meal with them to the beach or out hiking we use 100% biodegradable bags, drinking straws, napkins, lunchboxes & bamboo cutlery.
· We are working towards a zero waste policy in our retreat kitchen.
· Our therapists only use organic & natural products in our wellness spa.
· We ask our guests to please bring only re-useable sports water bottles with them for our outdoor activities & to not use single use plastic bottles for both their own health & that of our planet.
· Even our super comfortable yoga mats & blankets are free from any nasty chemicals & are fully recyclable.
Why do we choose to use eco-friendly products & why should you?
Because Eco-friendly products promote green living that helps to conserve energy and also prevent air, water and noise pollution. Eco-friendly products are proven to be good for the environment and also prevent human health from deterioration…we need to take care of our world & our own health, the two are intrinsically linked…