Can we really use the healing power of the mind and visualisation to enhance our Immune System?
In the last article we looked at how visualisation works. So now lets practise a visualisation technique to aid healing and a stronger immune system, helping to fight off diseases such as the coronavirus!
Define Your Specific Intention:
Visualisation defines your intention of what you want to work. The more specific the intention, the more specific the results…remember whatever you believe is what your body will do. So when you are thinking of your intention make sure it is:
- You feel, know, and trust it is being accomplished
Trying to achieve visualisation without taking responsibility will prove to be a futile experience. To accomplish what you want you must take action and responsibility. Visualisation can take up to six weeks to work. It should be done once in the morning and again before bedtime. Some people do see or feel results after the very first time but, you must remember that everyone’s body and mind are different and so is the way that they process information… so you must have a little patience.
What Is Responsibility?
- Be accountable to and for yourself
- Make a commitment
- Do visualisation regularly
- Be persistent and patient
- Keep positive and use affirmations routinely
Be Mentally Relaxed:
A relaxed state allows you directly access your subconscious mind…here are some steps to help you relax:
- Find a quiet place.
- Relax in a favourite chair or lie down
- Get comfortable and loosen clothing
- Uncross your arms and legs
- Get centred by focusing on the breath and breathing (this activates the vagus nerve which is the major quieting nerve in the body)
- Totally relax your body and mind
Visualization for healing is a simple process. Once you are relaxed the next step is to actualize your visualization.
- Think of or speak your intention out loud
- Close your eyes and imagine yourself in the healing process or as you want to be
- Watch as your body heals you
- Feel the healing taking place
- Know the healing is being accomplished
If you have difficulty you may want to try one or more of the following methods:
Try creative imagery:
- Visualise the cells in your body healing you
- Imagine your immune system fighting off invaders
- Visualise your pain being taken away by healing mud / hands
- Imagine yourself in a very beautiful place whole, healthy and happy
Visualisation does work to help boost your body back to health. Don’t just work on the body, add the mind to maximise your healing process with visualisation.
Retreat clinical hypnotherapist & coach – Donna